Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Letter Killeth...

Few years ago, I stumbled upon one of the pages of the KJV-Only movement. I was naive, a sincere seeker, and in my infinite ignorance, I believed what they said, that KJV is the "perfect" Bible translation. I remember forwarding the KJV-Only links to my friends and family.

Since I tend to look past the negatives, I dismissed the consistent (red flag) venom that emitted from the KJV-Only crowd, when it came to defending this particular version. Fortunately, I did not stop seeking. And I soon found out that I was merely being a puppet of an organized agenda, which was not rooted in love.

Upon further seeking, I found out that "inerrancy" is nothing but a myth. Among other sources, the book - 'King James Only Controversy, The: Can You Trust Modern Translations?', by James R. White - helped me pop the KJV-only bubble.

The letter killeth, it's the Spirit that gives life, no matter what book we read. God cannot be contained in the Bible or a particular translation. He speaks to us in a myriad of ways, daily.

No comments: