Monday, August 20, 2012

The Idea of an Airplane is Nonsense

There was a time when, I assume, people laughed at the idea of a big machine up in the air transporting people and goods. The idea would have seemed ridiculous back then.

The dreamers, the thinkers, however, moved past the supposed limitations and saw the manifestation of what they initially saw with their mind's eye. I imagine, their first daunting task was to move past the biggest obstacle, which was simply an opinion held by the majority of people, based on their understanding at the time.

I think this analogy can be compared to what we believe. Our beliefs can sometimes be an echo of a popular interpretation, which was handed down by well-meaning and sincere (and in some cases, angry) people, but I think, it would be presumptuous of us to view them as the complete picture.

This is why I love to keep an open mind. Only when I am open, will I not fall into the trap of being led astray by limited beliefs that does not reflect the heart of the Father.

I can hear the concerned skeptic thinking, "but what if you get deceived?" I trust in the goodness of the Father who only gives "good things to those who ask", over the defeated (why do we always seem to forget that?) enemy's power to deceive me. I know that only "good and perfect gift come from the Father of lights with whom there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning". My exterior shell is a work in process, but I know Whose I am and in Whom my spirit is immersed in. It is with this knowing and boldness that I venture out into the wild. 

Our idea of who God is and how He acts is often a reflection of who we are. If we are averse to challenging questions (because we don't have the typical canned Christian answers), it is very likely that we believe God might be offended with out-of-the-box questions as well. But in my view, it is childish to assume that God, the creator of an ultra complex, yet magnificent machinery called a human being is not emotionally secure enough to handle a question or two.

Why do I love questions? Simply because I am selfish. I do not want to stay on the surface, satisfied with a form of godliness, satisfied with a formulaic, conditioned, domesticated existence, which is what the mainstream religion offers. What I have is an unbridled desire to limitlessly experience the core essence of Love. Only as I truly experience Him, can I be an authentic "witness".