Friday, August 12, 2011

Husband and Wife

Husband: Let's spend some time together!

Wife: I love you hun, but you do know that I've set apart Sundays for you, don't you?

Husband: Sundays are great, but why do we have to limit our communication to just Sundays? Do you know how much I long to connect with you daily?

Wife: What do you mean? Do you not know that I wake up every day, early in the morning and read about you and talk to you?

Husband: Duh, how can I forget the time when you are having that non-stop monologue with me? 

I am glad you know all the data about me, but reading about me is totally different from actually spending time with me. Do you have a clue of how much I long for a personal connection?

I was not kidding when I said I love youYou, my beloved, are constantly on my mind. 

When I try to reach you, you think you have to dedicate a certain time for me. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, I look forward to your responses to my text messages that I send you throughout the day. But you seem to have this notion that mere texts won't count. Mere texts? My dearest, don't you know that there is nothing "mere" about the thoughts we have for each other? It's the little things that matters. What is little to you, means the world to me!

By the way, I find it funny when you speak to me so formally in Elizabethan English. But I always hear you speak very normally with your friends. What's up with that?!

And why does your face become all serious when you talk to me?

Seriously, it pains me when you try to become someone else around me. My heart sinks when you try to connect with me.

You do not have to try. Just be yourself. I love you for who you are. I will continue to love you unconditionally, even if you choose not to communicate with me at all, because my love towards you was never based on your response or performance. Also, I am least bothered about how well your communications skills are. 

It is your heart that I am after. 

So, be free! 

Be you!

No comments: