Monday, August 15, 2011

Obama, Michelle, Jesus and Us

"Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

This is Jesus' response to Peter when he said that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the living God."

It is tempting to try to intellectually figure it all out and box what I want to believe about Him. But this business of believing and trusting the Person of Jesus is not based on what I necessarily perceive with my senses. It goes beyond the sense realm. 

The truth is inspired by the Holy Spirit, and not by dissecting a stack of Scriptures with my head. Unless we walk by faith and not by sight, we may know plenty about Jesus, but fail to know Him, the resurrected Jesus who said, "I am with you always". This faith is not the product of our making. It is the gift of God. All we need to have is the desire to know the One who will never leave us nor forsake us.

Most of us know plenty about President Obama from Wikipedia or from the news media. But only Michelle Obama knows him intimately. Her knowledge is not based on the facts about Obama. She has a personal bond with him.

No comments: