Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My child:


My child:

Who gave you that yearning to seek beyond the obvious? Who do you think gave you that mind to ask questions? Contrary to the folklore, I'm not insecure. Or angry. Or bi-polar. I have better things to do than send thunderbolts your way because you ask a question that does not rhyme with what you have learned all your life. 

I do not live in a church building or in the Bible. Both may say plenty about me through scores of interpretations, but I live and breath in you, 24/7. Do you want to be the guardian of someone else's interpretations about me, or do you want to discover me yourself? 

Dare to be yourself. Dare to RESPECT yourself. I value you. Why do you second-guess that? Yes, the religion may have mutilated you by calling you "unworthy" all your life, but know that you are my masterpiece. Your spirit is fused in mine. We are one. Nothing, no religion, no denominations, no opinions, no interpretations, no scorns, no brickbats, no abuse, no distance, nothing, nothing can ever separate us. 

Try to look and listen with your heart. I am found between the lines. You will hear me between the notes. Formulas are cute, to sell books, but I don't know of any. Always, always, always look beyond the obvious. Leap, trusting that the net will appear. A child-like trust. Would a loving parent drop her child?

I am not a system, I am not a tradition, I am not a book. I am… well, find it yourself. And when you get a glimpse, don't rush to craft a definition and build a monument upon that. We have miles to go together, forever. Our life together is beyond definitions, jargons or dogmas. 

Just know that I am with you always and I love you with an everlasting love.

Much love,
(Call me whatever you want)

No comments: