Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So have I become a Christian Universalist?

So have I become a "Christian Universalist" now that I have shared my thoughts on 'Raising Hell'

Do I believe that Jesus' redemptive work is superior to Adam's offense?

Do I believe unconditional love truly is unconditional, and not a sleazy sales pitch to get people to join a religious club?

Do I believe that it is idiotic to believe that God (who is Love) would deep-fry a created being endlessly for an offense that someone else committed? 

YES to all the three. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people gathering under a common view, but I will not align myself under any label, because, intentionally or not, labels divide and there is this risk of being tunnel-visioned. In Christ, we are ONE, no matter what particular flavor we favor and/or whether we agree or not. And God is bigger than any labels. 



Related posts:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Great blog. I agree with you labels do divide people.

I just wish we can all fellowship in Christ! :)

Dan Alexander said...

I agree, Joseph. Labels divide us.