Friday, September 21, 2012

How a swimming pool lifeguard lost his job


"A swimming pool life guard lost his job today after he purposely let a 7 year old drown to death.

In his defense, the life guard said: "the young swimmer didn't know about me, therefore he didn't believe that I could save him. He didn't cry out to me, he didn't confess to me that I was his saviour. Therefore, I was completely powerless to rescue him. I had no choice but to let him drown as I didn't want to violate his free will, turning him into a robot. I did the most loving thing I could think of. It was his choice to drown."

Does this sound pathetic? This is the "god" many people believe in, and that above is the exact reasoning they use (no kidding).

Thankfully, a real Saviour, (like any decent superhero, lifeguard or fire-fighter) is capable of rescuing people regardless of what they believe or know about Him. God is the Saviour of ALL men, especially (not exclusively) of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10.

If you believe now, then the chances are you're going to have a lot more hope and purpose in this life than people who have nothing to believe in... But the people who don't believe now will be saved too. Everyone shall be resurrected from the dead and God shall be ALL in ALL - 1 Corinthians 15:28. Hell is a mistranslation. This is the gospel, also known as the Good News"

- Caleb Shaw



Related posts:


No comments: